“Although intended for children, this version of the Just So Stories should appeal to all listeners who have the childlike spirit lurking within their souls.” Radio Drama Reviews Online
Have you ever wondered how it is that the moon pulls the tides (instead of a crab who was taller than the smoke of three volcanoes), or the reason why the elephant’s nose is so long? Find out as Rudyard Kipling’s classic children’s stories are brought to vivid life in this enchanting production first performed at the Pleasance Theatre in Edinburgh in August 2011 and 2013. The perfect show for children aged 4+ and for adults of all ages.
In this all-new audio adaptation of the smash-hit theatre show, legendary actor DAVID WARNER lends his voice to five of Kipling’s finest fare, while the Red Table Theatre cast perform five of their unique songs from the live show (in all-new recordings made especially for Spokenworld Audio).
Stories adapted by Rafe Beckley
Song originally devised & directed by Rafe Beckley, Freya Parsons, Charlotte Mafham and Lindsay Fraser.
Songs performed by Tressa Brooks, Jennifer Hazel, Freya Parsons and Jo Wickham
2013 songs arranged by Jennifer Hazel
Produced by Neil Gardner
1. The Crab That Played With The Sea – David Warner
2. China-going P&O’s – song
3. How The Camel Got His Hump – David Warner
4. The Camel’s Hump – song
5. the Cat that Walked By Herself – David Warner
6. Pussy Can Sit By the Fire And Sing – song
7. How The Whale Got His Throat – David Warner
8. When the Cabin Portholes Are Dark & Green – song
9. The Elephant’s Child – David Warner
10. I Keep Six Honest Serving-Men – song